Canopy Boulder Invests In 10 More Marijuana Related Startups
Canopy Boulder, the premiere marijuana startup incubator, launched it’s sixth cohort of startups last month. The accelerator program has now invested in it’s 60th business.
Canopy operates like a traditional cohort based technology startup accelerator. Each startup receives seed funding. In this case it’s $30,000. They then go through a 16 week entrepreneurial bootcamp that emphasizes business development, product development, market and investor readiness. At the end of the sixteen weeks the ten startups will pitch a group of national and international investors at Canopy Boulder Demo Day on May 15th.
The startups in this cohort will also have a chance at $50,000 in funding, later on in the program.
Here are the ten companies in this spring’s cohort:
- Snapp Digital provides ad control for digital networks. Snapp’s platform allows advertisers to buy ad space and manage content from a simple dashboard, solving the problem of buying and managing ad space in a simplified and cost-effective platform. Founded by Dustin Lato and Ron Warner of Cleveland, Ohio.
- Solutions Vending believes smart vending machines aren’t smart enough. SVI utilizes facial recognition software to convert standard vending machines into an intelligent data collection kiosk, collecting valuable purchasing information. Founded by Dawn Dickson of Miami, Florida.
- Who Is Happy connects cannabis consumers around the globe with an international geo-location based social network. Launched in 2016, the app quickly grew to 170,000 users and has almost 1M check-ins to date. Founded by Joao Paulo Costa and Henrique Torelli.
- Cannabis Big Data integrates with data sources such as POS and accounting to publish critical business management reports that identify areas for improved efficiencies and revenue. Founded by Henry Finkelstein of Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Sana Packaging believes current packaging solutions are wasteful, don’t store efficiently, and don’t allow space for branding and compliance labels. Sana offers rectangular, stackable cannabis containers made from biodegradable hemp-based plastic, resulting in a reduction of their carbon footprint by eliminating traditional petroleum-based plastic from the equation. Founded by Ron Basak-Smith of Easton, Connecticut and James Eichner of Montagnola, Switzerland.
- Bloom Automation provides robotics for the cannabis industry. A solution for the high cost of manual labor, Bloom creates high-tech robotics that allow for tasks within a cultivation setting to be automated. Founded by Jon Gowa of Boston, Massachusetts.
- CannaZoning is a platform that provides visualization of state and local marijuana zoning laws, helping businesses understand the lay of the land, filter the noise, and avoid costly pitfalls associated with cannabis business zoning. Founded by Ben Livingston of Seattle, Washington.
- Firesale uses geo-mapping technology to provide real-time information on cannabis deals in any location. Its user-friendly search functionality allows consumers to find flower based on potency, strain or price. Founded by Damien Payne and Clay Nutting of Sacramento, California.
- Estrohaze is a cannabis-focused media outlet designed to break the stigma surrounding women and minorities. The platform includes resources, career opportunities, and lifestyle content that focuses on women of color benefiting from the cannabis plant. Founded by Safon Floyd, Kali Wilder and Sirita Wright of Brooklyn, New York.
- Croptimize provides technology to drive efficiencies for growers, encouraging energy savings and conservation. They optimize demand profiles and reduce operating expenses through machine learning to leverage rate structure management and utility incentives. Founded by Kevin Mayer of Boulder, Colorado.
“We are very excited to welcome our newest cohort into the Canopy family of over 45 startups and 100+ founders,” said Micah Tapman, Managing Director of Canopy. “We have an incredibly supportive ecosystem of startups, investors and mentors, all of which will prove to be valuable resources and partners for our startups as they tackle this booming industry.”